Hongtao Dang, Ph.D., P.E.
- Assistant Professor | School of Design and Construction, Washington State University – 2022-Present
- Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) | Engineering Technologies, Safety, and Construction, Central Washington University 2019-2022
- Instructor and Researcher | Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering, Iowa State University (ISU) 2016-2019
- Structural Engineer | Stanley Consultants, Inc., Muscatine, Iowa, 2014-2016
- Bridge Engineer | Bridge Engineering Center, Ames, Iowa, 2011-2014
- CST M 254 Construction Graphics
- CST M 368 Safety and Health
- CST M 483 Building Information Modeling I
- Ph.D. | Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering and Management) – Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 2019
- M.S. | Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering) – Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 2014
- B.S. | Civil Engineering – Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 2011
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license – Civil/Structural in Multiple States, such as Washington, Iowa, Florida, and New York.
- Certified Professional in Engineering Management (CPEM)
- Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate (GA)
- Regional Teaching Award, Associated Schools of Construction (ASC) 2022
- Outstanding Scholar Award, College of Education and Professional Studies, CWU, 2021.
- Outstanding Reviewer for Journal of Management in Engineering. 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Best Speaker Awards (multiple times). Toastmaster at Stanley Consultants, Inc., Muscatine, Iowa. 2015.
- Teaching Excellence Award, College of Engineering, ISU, 2012.
- Mackenstadt, D. & Dang, H. (2021) Potentials and challenges associated with accessory dwelling units using modular construction. American Society of Civil Engineers 2021 International Conference Computing in Civil Engineering.
- Ramsey, K. & Dang, H. (2021) The perception of virtual and augmented realities in the construction industry in Washington state. American Society of Civil Engineers 2021 International Conference Computing in Civil Engineering.
- Dang, H. & Serne, J. (2021). Effective Safety Protocols and Construction Project Productivity Impacts for Construction Companies in Washington State During the COVID19 Pandemic, Canadian Society of Civil Engineering Annual Conference.
- Dang, H. (2021). Case Studies on Diversity and Inclusion Programs in Construction Companies from the Private Sector in North America. Canadian Society of Civil Engineering Annual Conference.
- Plugge, P., Dang, H., & Martin, D. (2021). Sustainable, Reliable, and Effective Construction Management Strategies using Lean Project Delivery, Canadian Society of Civil Engineering Annual Conference.
- Martin, D., Dang, H., & Plugge, P. (2021) Integrated Project Delivery Application and Understanding in Washington State, Canadian Society of Civil Engineering Annual Conference.
- Dang, H. & Bender, W. (2021). Essential Elements and Best Practices for Teaching a Culminating Capstone Course Online in Construction Management Programs, American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference.
- Dang, H. (2020). Finding Leadership from Successful Owners of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises. ASEM International Annual Conference.
- Dang, H., Choi, J., & Rajendran. S. (2020). Emerging Topics in Engineering Technology and Management Program, ASEM International Annual Conference.
- Dang, H. & Shane, J. (2020). Diversity and Inclusion of Business Enterprise: A Comparative Analysis of Programs Used by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, Construction Research Congress 2020, https://doi.org/10.1061/9780784482872.036.
- Dang, H. & Shane, J. (2020). A Linear Development Model for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Construction Engineering and Management, Construction Research Congress 2020, https://doi.org/10.1061/9780784482889.029.
- Shane, J., Katoski, A., & Dang, H. (2018). Improving the Effectiveness and Quality of Supportive Services for the Iowa Department of Transportation Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program, Transportation Research Board 97th Annual Meeting, https://trid.trb.org/view/1495693
- Dang, H. & Shane, J. (2018). Construction Manager General Contractor (CMGC) Characteristics and Effective Practices in Transportation Sector, r, Construction Research Congress 2018, https://doi.org/10.1061/9780784481271.072