Associate Director | eVenus Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Inc.
- Application development of biodegradable thermosetting based on vegetable oil
- Partial depolymerization of lignin and its application in polymer
- Chemical recycling of carbon fiber reinforcement polymer under mild conditions
- Synthesis of biobased acrylonitrile from propylene glycol
- Preparation of fully biobased hydrogel from lignosulfonate amine
- 2022-present, Associate Director, eVenus Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Inc
- 2018-2022, Senior Scientist/Group leader, Primera Analytical Solutions Corporation, Princeton, NJ
- 2015 – 2018, Assistant Research Professor, Composite Materials and Engineering Center, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2012 – 2015, Post Doctoral Research Associate, Composite Materials and Engineering Center, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2008 – 2010, Senior Scientist, Shanghai Chempartner Co. Ltd., ShangPharma Corporation
- Ph.D., Applied Chemistry, 2008, State Key Laboratory of Fine Chemicals, Dalian University of Technology, China
- B.S., Chemistry, 2003, School of Chemical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology
- Catalytic Conversion of Cellulosic sugar to acrylonitrile for low cost renewable carbon fiber
- Mild Chemical Recycling of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Thermoset Waste and Application Development of Full Utilization of Recyclates
- Novel development of bio-based binder for sustainable construction
- Northwest Advanced Renewables Alliance (NARA): A new vista for green fuels, chemicals, and environmentally preferred products (EPPs)
- Guo, X., J. Xin, M.P. Wolcott and J. Zhang. 2016. Mechanochemical oleation of lignin through ball milling and properties of its blends with PLA. Chemistry Select. DOI: 10.1002/slct.201600633. 1(13):3449-3454.
- Xin, J., M. Li, R. Li, M.P. Wolcott, and J. Zhang. 2016. Green epoxy resin system based on lignin and tung oil and its application in epoxy asphalt. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.6b00256. 4(5):2754-2761.
- Lianhai Lu, Junna Xin, Chang-Soo Woo, Tianxi Cai and Ho-In Lee. 2006. H3PW12O40catalyzed liquid phase nitration of aromatics-a green process without using H2SO4. Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, 159(6): 353-356.
- Xin, J., Q. Xu, H. Zhang, X. Yang and L. Lu. 2008. GC-FTIR Analysis on Structural Isomers from Hydrogenation Products of p-Phenylphenol. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, 28(4), 710-713.
- Junna Xin, Lianhai Lu, Yue Wang, Xiaojun Peng. 2008. Regioselective Hydrogenation of p-Phenylphenol to p-Cyclohexylphenol over Pd/C Catalyst in THF Solvent. Catalysis Communications. 9:2345-2348.
- Xin, J., P. Zhang, K. Huang and J. Zhang. 2014. Developing Vegetable Oil-Based High Performance Thermosetting Resins. In Soy-Based Chemicals and Materials, Chapter 13, ACS Symposium Series, Vol 1178; American Chemical Society: Washington, DC. Chapter DOI: 10.1021/bk-2014-1178.ch013. pp. 299–313.
- Brito, G.F., J. Xin, P. Zhang, T.J.A. Mélo and J. Zhang. 2014. Enhanced melt free radical grafting efficiency of polyethylene using a novel redox initiation method. RSC Advances, 4(5):26425-26433.
- Xin, J., P. Zhang, K. Huang and J. Zhang. 2014. Study of green epoxy resins derived from renewable cinnamic acid and dipentene: synthesis, curing and properties. RSC Advances, 4:8525-8532.
- Zhang, P., J. Xin and J. Zhang. 2014. Effects of catalyst type and reaction parameters on one-step acrylation of soybean oil. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, DOI: 10.1021/sc400206t. 2(2):181–187.
- Xin, J., P. Zhang, M.P. Wolcott, X. Zhang, and J. Zhang. 2014. Partial depolymerization of enzymolysis lignin via mild hydrogenolysis over Raney Nickel. Bioresource Technology. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2013.12.092. 155:422-426