- Bio-based resin and composites development
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 2007 – Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- M.S., Wood Science and Technology, 2003 – University of California at Berkeley, CA
- M.S., Wood Science and Technology, 1989 – Nanjing Forestry University, Nanjing, China
- B.S., Wood Processing and Technology, 1986 – Nanjing Forestry University, Nanjing, China
- 2012 – 2016: Assistant Research Professor, Composite Materials and Engineering Center, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2011 – 2012, Research Scientist, Renewable Bioproducts Cluster, Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering, University of North Texas, Denton, TX
- 2009 – 2011, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Forest Products Department, Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS
- 2007 – 2009, Engineer, Wood Technology, Weyerhaeuser Technology Center, Weyerhaeuser Company, Federal Way, WA
- 2003 – 2007, Research Assistant (20 hours/week), Wood Materials and Engineering Laboratory, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2001- 2003, Research Assistant (20 hours/week), Forest Products Laboratory, University of California at Berkeley, CA
- 1992-1997, Lecturer; 1998-2001 Associate Professor; 1995-2001 Chair of Forest Products Department (15 faculty members and staffs), College of Forestry, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, China
- 1993-2001, Registered Test Engineer of Wood and Wood Products; 1997-2001 Associate Director, Guangdong Province Wood Products Test Center, Guangzhou, China (Housed in the South China Agricultural University)
- 1989-1992, Mechanical Engineer, SUFOMA Machinery Co. Ltd, Suzhou, China
- Jiang, J., J. Wang, X. Zhang, and M.P. Wolcott. 2016. Evaluation of physical structural features on influencing enzymatic hydrolysis efficiency of micronized wood. RSC Advances. DOI: 10.1039/C6RA22371K. 6(105):103026-103034.
- Liu, Y., J. Wang, and M.P. Wolcott. 2016. Multistep process to produce fermentable sugars and lignosulfonates from softwood enzymolysis residues. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.6b02328.
- Liu, Y., J. Wang, and M.P. Wolcott. 2016. Modeling the production of sugar and byproducts from acid bisulfite pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis of Douglas-fir. Bioresource Technology. DOI: 10.1016/j.biortech.2016.10.071.
- Liu, Y., J. Wang, and M.P. Wolcott. 2016. Assessing the specific energy consumption and physical properties of comminuted Douglas-fir chips for bioconversion. Industrial Crops and Products. DOI: 10.1016/j.indcrop.2016.08.054. 94:394-400.
- Gao, Q., S.Q. Shi, S. Zhang, J. Li, X. Wang, W. Ding, K. Linag and J. Wang. 2012. Soybean meal-based adhesive enhanced by MUF resin. J Appl Polym Sci, 125:3676–81.
- Wang, J., S.Q. Shi and K. Liang. 2013. Comparative Life-cycle Assessment of Sheet Molding Compound Reinforced by Natural Fiber vs. Glass Fiber. J Agric Sci Technol, 3:493-502.
- Wang, J.W., M.P.G. Laborie, and M.P. Wolcott. 2011. Correlation of mechanical and chemical cure development for phenol-formaldehyde resin bonded wood joints. Thermochimica Acta. 513(1-2):20-25.