Adjunct Associate Professor | Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
Performance-based engineering; Traditional and innovative wood systems; Large scale dynamic testing; Mechanistic models and non-linear structural dynamics; Earthquake engineering and loss analysis.
- Associate Professor, Colorado School of Mines, 2018 – Present
- Assistant Professor, Colorado School of Mines, 2013 – 2018
- Assistant Professor, South Dakota State University, 2010 – 2013
- Post Doctoral Research Associate, Colorado State University, 2008 – 2010
- Instructor, Colorado State University, 2007 – 2007
- Graduate Research Assistant, Colorado State University, 2004 – 2007
- Graduate Research Assistant, Michigan Technological University, 2003 – June 2004
- Reliability and Statistical Methods for Engineering Design
- Design of Steel Structures
- Timber and Masonry Design
- Matrix Structural Analysis
- Ph.D. – Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, 2007
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, China, June 2000.
- Humanitarian Engineering Award from Colorado School of Mines CECS Trade Fair, 2017
- Outstanding Reviewer for ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 2014.
- Raymond C. Reese Research Prize, ASCE, 2012.
- Outstanding Reviewer for ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 2012.
- EXCEED (Excellence in Civil Engineering Education) Teaching Fellowship, ASCE, 2012.
- Jack E. Cermak Wind Engineering Scholarship, Colorado State University, 2005.
- Mao Yi-Sheng Award for outstanding graduating student, Railroad Transportation, Department of China, 2000.
- TRB Truck and Bus Safety Committee (ANB70) Deborah Freund Paper Award