Staff Engineer | Adjoint Faculty
- Staff Engineer | Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 2014-present
- Strand Composite Consultant | 2011-2013
- Research Scientist/TimberStrand(R) LSL Pilot Plant Manager | Weyerhaeuser, Boise, ID 2002-2011
- System and method for manufacturing composite wood products, Fyie, Joseph A; Brandt, Kristin L; Scott, Brian C; US Patent No. 8480831, 2013.
- M.S. | Civil Engineering – Washington State University, 2001
- B.S. | Civil Engineering, Emphasis in structural design – Washington State University, 1999
- Martinez-Valencia, Lina; Peterson, Scott; Brandt, Kristin; King, Allyson Beall; Garcia-Perez, Manuel; Wolcott, Michael: Impact of services on the supply chain configuration of sustainable aviation fuel: The case of CO2e emission reductions in the US. Journal of Cleaner Production. 404 p. 136934 (2023).
- Brandt, Kristin; Martinez-Valencia, Lina; Wolcott, Michael; Cumulative impact of federal and state policy on minimum selling price of sustainable aviation fuel. Frontiers in Energy Research 10:148 (2022).
- Brandt, Kristin; Camenzind, Dane; Zhu, JY; Latta, Greg; Wolcott, Michael; Methodology for quantifying the impact of repurposing existing manufacturing facilities: case study using pulp and paper facilities for sustainable aviation fuel production. Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining. 16:5 p. 1227-1239 (2022)
- Tanzil, AH; Brandt, K; Wolcott, M; Garcia-Perez, M; Strategic assessment of sustainable aviation fuel production technologies: Yield improvement and cost reduction opportunities. Biomass and Bioenergy 145, 105942 (2021)
- Eswaran, Sudha; Subramaniam, Senthil; Geleynse, Scott; Brandt, Kristin; Wolcott, Michael; Zhang, Xiao; Techno-economic analysis of catalytic hydrothermolysis pathway for jet fuel production. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 151 p. 111516 (2021).
- Brandt, Kristin Lynne; Wooley, Robert; Geleynse, Scott; Gao, Johnway; Zhu, JY; Cavalieri, Ralph; Wolcott, Michael; Impact of co-product selection on techno-economic analyses of alternative jet fuel produced with forest harvest residuals. Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining 14:4 p. 764-775 (2020).
- Brandt, K; Wilson, A; Bender, D; Dolan, JD; Wolcott, MP; Techno-economic analysis for manufacturing cross-laminated timber. BioResources 14:4 p. 7790-7804 (2019).
- Brandt, Kristin Lynne; Gao, Johnway; Wang, Jinwu; Wooley, Robert; Wolcott, Michael; Techno-Economic Analysis of Forest Residue Conversion to Sugar using Three-Stage Milling as Pretreatment. Frontiers in Energy Research 6 p. 77 (2018).
- Geleynse, Scott; Brandt, Kristin; Garcia‐Perez, Manuel; Wolcott, Michael; Zhang, Xiao; The Alcohol‐to‐Jet Conversion Pathway for Drop‐In Biofuels: Techno‐Economic Evaluation. ChemSusChem 11:21 p. 3728-3741 (2018).
- Wang, Jinwu; Gao, Johnway; Brandt, Kristin L; Jiang, Jinxue; Liu, Yalan; Wolcott, Michael P; Improvement of enzymatic digestibility of wood by a sequence of optimized milling procedures with final vibratory tube mills for the amorphization of cellulose. Holzforschung 72:6 p.435-441 (2018).
- Wang, Jinwu; Gao, Johnway; Brandt, Kristin L; Wolcott, Michael P; Energy consumption of two-stage fine grinding of Douglas-fir wood. Journal of Wood Science 64:4 p. 338-346 (2018).
- Martinkus, Natalie; Latta, Greg; Brandt, Kristin Lynne; Wolcott, Michael P; A Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis Approach to Facility Siting in a Wood-Based Depot-and-Biorefinery Supply Chain Model. Frontiers in Energy Research 6 p. 124 (2018).