Assistant Research Professor
WSU Co-Site Director | Center for Bioplastics and Biocomposites (CB2)
- Bio-based/renewable polymer and resin
- Composite recycling
- Shape memory polymer
- Lignin chemistry
- 2017 – Present, Assistant Research Professor | Composite Materials and Engineering Center, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2014 – 2017, Postdoctoral Research Associate | Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- 2010-2014, Graduate Research Assistant | University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- Ph.D. | Polymer Chemistry, 2014 – University of Idaho
- M.S. | Wood Science and Technology, 2010 – Beijing Forestry University
- B.E. | Wood Science, and Engineering, 2007- Beijing Forestry University
- Applied industrial research and development
- Natural fiber
- Cross-laminated timber processing
- Mamanpush S., Li H., Englund K., Tabatabaei A. Recycled wind turbine blades as a feedstock for second generation composites. Waste Management, 2018, 76:708-714.
- Zhang, Y.; Wu, J.; Li, H.; Yuan, T.; Wang, Y.; Sun, R. Heat Treatment of Industrial Alkaline Lignin and its Potential Application as an Adhesive for Green Wood–Lignin Composites, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2017, 5 (8): 7269–7277.
- Li, H.; Englund, K. R. Recycling of carbon fiber-reinforced thermoplastic composite wastes from the aerospace industry. Journal of Composite Materials. 2016.
- Howe, D.; Garcia-Perez, M.; Li, H.; Taasevigen, D.; McDonald, A. G.; Albrecht, K.; Rainbolt, J.; Wei, L.; Wolcott, M. Thermal Pretreatment of a High Lignin SSF Digester Residue to Increase its Softening Point. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis. doi:10.1016/j.jaap.2016.03.012.
- Sivasankarapillai, G.; Li, H.; McDonald, A. G. Lignin based triple shape memory polymers. Biomacromolecules, doi: 10.1021/acs.biomac.5b00655.
- Li, H.; Sivasankarapillai, G.; McDonald, A. G. Highly biobased thermally-stimulated shape memory copolymeric elastomers derived from lignin and glycerol-adipic acid based hyperbranched prepolymer. Industrial Crops and Products, 2015, 67: 143-154.
- Li, H.; Sivasankarapillai, G.; McDonald, A. G. Lignin valorization by forming toughened thermally-stimulated shape memory copolymeric elastomers: Evaluation of different fractionated industrial lignins. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, DOI: 10.1002/app.41389.
- Li, H.; McDonald, A. G. Fractionation and Characterization of Industrial Lignin. Industrial Crops and Products, 2014, 62: 67-76.
- Balogun, A. O.; Lasode, O. A.; Li, H.; and McDonald, A. G. Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) study and thermal decomposition kinetics of Sorghum bicolour glume and Albizia pedicellaris residues. Waste and Biomass Valorization, DOI 10.1007/s12649-014-9318-3.
- Li, H.; Sivasankarapillai, G.; McDonald, A. G. Lignin valorization by forming toughened thermally-stimulated shape memory copolymeric elastomers — partially crystalline hyperbranched polymer as crosslinks. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2014, 131, doi: 10.1002/app.41103.
- Recycled Fiberglass Composites for Novel New Products, Global fiberglass solution
- Fire performance of recycled wind turbine composite panels
- Demonstration Project for Cured Carbon Fiber Composite Materials (CCFCM) Reinforced Permeable Pavement