- Forest products marketing – technology driven product/market development
- Customer delivered value
- Trade show use and effectiveness
- Ph.D., Forest Products Marketing, 1988 – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- M.S., Forest Products, 1985 – University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- B.S., Forest Resource Management, 1979 – University of Montana, Missoula, MT
- 1999 – present, Professor, Forest Products Marketing, The Pennsylvania State University, School of Forest Resources, University Park, PA.
- 1995 – 1999, Associate Professor, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
- 1991 – 1995, Assistant Professor, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
- 1988 – 1991, Assistant Professor, Forest Products Marketing, Univ. of Washington, College of Forest Resources, Forest Products Division and the Center for International Trade in Forest Products (CINTRAFOR), Seattle, WA.
- 1985 – 1988, Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant, Department of Forest Products, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA.
- 1983 – 1985, Log Export Operations Manager, Idaho Overseas, Inc., Moscow, ID.
- 1982 – 1983, Graduate Research Assistant, Dept. of Forest Products, Univ. of Idaho, Moscow ID.
- 1978 – 1982, Forester, Champion Corp., Rocky Mountain Operation, Missoula, MT. Summer/Fall intern (1978); permanent (1979-1982).
- 1977, Inventory Forester, Braden Forestry Services, Inc., Deadwood, SD. Summer intern.
- The U.S. cellulosic biofuels industry: Expert views on commercialization drivers and barriers
- Biorefinery site selection using a stepwise biogeophysical and social analysis approach
- Drivers and barriers to the adoption and diffusion of Sustainable Jet Fuel (SJF) in the U.S. Pacific Northwest
- U.S. biofuels industry: A critical review of opportunities and challenges
- Effects of international trade show marketing strategies on trade show performance: does experience matter?
- Content analysis of decking material business-to- business advertisements: 2002-2014
- Integrating Biogeophysical and Social Assets Into Biomass-to-Biofuels Supply Chain Siting Decisions
- Exploring Market Opportunities for American Hardwoods Through Chinese International Furniture Supply Trade Shows
- Branding in the North American Woodfiber Plastic Composite Industry
- A Review of U.S. and International Formaldehyde Emissions Regulations for Interior Wood Composite Panels
- Resin Suppliers’ Perspectives on the “Greening” of the North American Interior Wood Composite Panel Market